DCLAN Network Engineer
Location: Celebration, FL|Posted On: March 9, 2017
Local candidates will be given preference. This is a 3 months contract to hire role, US Citizens, GC and EAD-GC will be given preference.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- In depth troubleshooting and maintenance of a broad group of technologies including network devices, applications and servers
- Continually improve upon skills and ability to learn new technologies
- Routinely create and update operational procedures
- Leverage diagnostic tools and utilities to proactively & reactively identify problem areas
- Mentor Tier 1 staff on event handling & response
- Demonstrate a dedication to seeing work delivered accurately and within SLA timeframes
- Works closely with teammates to ensure procedures and escalation processes are followed & communication occurs
- Partner with other front line support teams as needed to validate issues and resolutions
- Engage with vendors as required (hardware/software vendors, telco providers, etc.)
- Respond to events presented by network management tools or reported incidents using personal experience, documentation, tools and direction from senior staff or leadership
- Provide hands on support for a variety of common data center networking technologies including F5 Load Balancers, Cisco/Juniper Routers & Switches and Netscout.
- Direct support for the following: Cisco HSRP, Cisco VRF Lite, Cisco Nexus FEX, Cisco Nexus 5K, Cisco Nexus 7K, Cisco VPC, Cisco LACP, Nexus 1000v, Cisco Fabric Path, Cisco GSS, Citrix NetScaler, Juniper VRRP, Juniper
- VLANs & Trunking, Juniper Layer 3 RVIs, Juniper Virtual Chassis, F5 LTM: SNAT/X Forwarding, F5 LTM: VIP, Node & Group, F5 LTM: LTM and vCMP Guest, F5 GTM, Cisco UCS, Zone Security
- Execute and analyze packet captures using Netscout, Wireshark and other related technologies
- Work with application and server partners to create new connectivity and/or troubleshoot existing data center solutions
- Create and be assigned incident tickets or requests. Ability to take ownership of the task and delivery within service level agreements.
- Must be able to convey technical information in a manner suitable to the audience
- Able to participate and technically lead troubleshooting and project related conference calls
- Managing partnering vendors during issues to ensure they are delivering to service level agreements. Deliverables would include escalating issues as required, scheduling checkpoints, providing data, facilitating
- system access and documenting all activities.
- Perform routine maintenance activities in areas of expertise (e.g.: firewall rule updates, vulnerability management, packet captures, etc.)
- Create or modify documentation in response to new events and learning’s
- Contribute to event threshold tuning efforts
- Ensure requests and Incidents have timely updates based on SLA metrics
- Effectively participate in shift change functions including documentation and discussion
- Routinely provide constructive feedback for improvement opportunities
The resources comprising the Tier 2 function will be focused on their given area of expertise but will also be expected to assist in other areas as needs arise. Candidates are not required to have expertise in these technologies as a condition of employment but preference will be given to those who have experience in the areas listed below. The willingness and ability to learn new technologies is required and will be a key criterion for continued success in the role.
- Firewalls, IPsec devices, WAN accelerators, wireless AP’s and controllers, Windows & Linux servers
- Experience with, configuration and maintenance of Windows Server 2008 – 2012 Operating Systems
- Experience with Windows Active Directory 2008 – 2012 including Group Policies, LDAP, DNS
- Experience with ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services) is preferred
- Experience and understanding of Highly Available Microsoft Exchange environments running Exchange 2007, 2013 and Office 365 Hybrid deployments
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft Lync Server 2010 – 2013
- Knowledge of Windows scripting (PowerShell, windows shell or command shell)
Days to be Worked:
The DCLAN position is a 12 hour shift. In the beginning they may not have to work the shift but be prepared for it.
12-hour shift is 3 Days on shift, 4 days off. It alternates every other week. For example, 3 days on an 4 days off week 1, 4 days on and 3 days off week 2, and so on.